Anti-Bullying Cyber-bullying Policy
WPFC’s mission states that through competitive soccer and a commitment to excellence, we strive to provide our youth members an experience that will guide the development of their character, athletic and leadership abilities and their sense of community. Part of that experience shall include a safe and inclusive training environment free from bullying both on and off the field to the best of our abilities. While it is not possible to eliminate all instances of conflict or disagreement, there is no room for discrimination, violence or bullying in our organization.
Bullying can include but is not limited to the following:
- Intentionally exhibiting physical or emotional harm toward another player.
- Intentionally destroying or damaging another player’s property.
- Creating a hostile environment which interferes with a player’s training and learning experience.
Cyber-bullying can include but is not limited to the following:
- Misuse of technology to include intentional intimidation, harassment or threatening behavior or language toward another player.
- Sending or posting inappropriate content on any technological devise which includes texts, pictures and web posts intending on reasonable harm or harassment toward another player or club member.
At WPFC, the safety of your player is our utmost responsibility and is taken very seriously. In an effort to support this policy, if you feel your player has been affected by bullying within our organization, the following steps will be taken to rectify the situation:
- Counsel affected players. Affirm our policy on bullying and cyber-bullying to affected players.
- Closely monitor the situation to avoid further conflict and intervene when necessary.
- Repeated episodes can result in suspension and permanent expulsion from the club.
If you feel that your player has been affected by bullying, the following order of notification can be taken:
- Speak with the coach with specific and pertinent information regarding the incidence(s).
- Second line of contact will be the director of coaching.
- Third line of contact will be the board of directors.
All club members shall be responsible for their personal behavior both on and off the field and shall represent the core values and mission supported by WPFC to provide a safe environment free from bullying/cyber-bullying.